Docrine and Covenants 88:119

I love this scripture because I feel it entails all aspects of life. It includes everything from having a plan or vision for your family to implementing that plan. One of the principles that I have been learning lately is how to have a "house of order". I first understood this to mean only our physical environment, (I love to have an orderly area!) but have recently been thinking of other aspects we need to have order. Other than following a plan to get to your destination or obeying certain laws to get certain blessings or positive consequences, which those choices are definitely about having order, I have realized there probably has to be order in our relationships. I have concluded bonding/trust is the first step and when that bond or trust is not there, one should go back to build it. I know I am in the process of creating this order in relationships with one of my children. What is that next step to having order in our relationships? Is this rectification the only part?

May 2nd- This past weekend I learned that for me to have order in relation to my relationships with my children, I should make sure my relationships are in order first with God, then with my spouse. I realize only after I have my priorities in proper order(God, spouse, children), then will I be able to have greater harmony in relationships with my children and extended family.

No comments: